Confession of a Smoking Parent

I admit, I am one of them, and I have no good reason to justify my smoking. I stopped many times but I am weak to temptation. After all that has been said about the bad effect of smoking, I still keep on doing it, and I hate myself for doing it. However, please allow me to share what I am doing about it:

1.0 I do not smoke inside our house, whether my children are there or not. After eating, as they are the best times to smoke, I go outside and far away to smoke and chew some refreshing gum to make my breath fresh when I got home.
2.0 I do not smoke in public places, and anywhere where there are other people especially children. Of course, there are no children allowed in a smoking area.
3.0 I regulated myself, ranging from 5 to 8 sticks of cigarettes a day; and I do not bring a lighter when I travel.
4.0 I do not smoke 1 hour before I go home, and chew some refreshing gum during the trip.
5.0 I am conscious of what I am doing. Believe it or not, but I am planning to stop, hopefully before I got sick.

Yes, I know that there is no such thing as responsible smoker. Again, I know I cannot justify my bad habit, and I welcome and will not delete all the bad comments you can give, but I will appreciate more if you will give me some inspirational tips.

To all people especially parents, I know I may not be in the right position to say this, but do not put aside your health as well as other people especially your children, follow the BEST TIP YET: DO NOT START!

Article Source:Effective Parenting Tips

2 comments:

  Audrey

November 25, 2007 at 12:33 PM

I'm sure you will kick the habit successfully one day soon. Many people have done it and you can do it too as long as you put your mind to it. All the best!

  Angel

November 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Hi tot's mom! Thanks for being the first one to inspire me here. Just hope I could make it this time.