The Greatest Lesson We Can Learn from our Children

The greatest lesson we can learn from our children is… to be patient! I believe this is very true. From their day one until day end, our children will test our patience.

Did you experience your new born baby to cry like a kitten in the middle of the night, or early in the morning? And yet you cannot do anything during the day because of him, too! But holy cow! Carry him and you’ll hear nothing, except if he is hurt or hungry.

So now that he is a baby no more, it’s now his curiosity that will test you. How many times did he follow you when you say “don’t touch that, don’t get that”, huh? How many questions have you answered repeatedly, while very busy with your other obligations? I wonder if you did not raise your voice, even once! I remember my wife saying, “I think I am going to have a high blood…”

Then, the exciting school days has just begun. This is the time when buying pencils and sets of crayons are like giving money to the charity. How many times did you teach him simple reading while cooking for dinner? When did you find it easy to make his simple school project because you have enough resources?

Ok, let’s skip a bit! He’s on his third year in high school, trying to be the best good looking bachelor in town, but his room is like a scene from JUMANJI? I am pretty sure you’ve asked your daughter to lower the “noise” of her favorite band, while saying, “Hey girl, can you just remove that thing in your ear so you can at least hear me?”

Not to mention when your children will marry someday, and all of their problems will seem to be your problems too.

But if you still need proof on what I am saying, read the story below before you loose patience to your child…

This is a true story which happened in the States. A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint of the truck. The man ran to his son, knocked him away, and hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital. Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, “Daddy, I’m sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "But when are my fingers going to grow back?" The father went home & committed suicide.

Article Source:Effective Parenting Tips

4 comments:

  Black_Mamba

October 30, 2007 at 7:13 PM

amen to that. seriously, i think we learn from them and not the other way around. keep up the good work ;-)

  Angel

October 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Thanks for the compliment, black mamba! hope to see you again here and learn more sonmehow...

  Anonymous

October 31, 2007 at 1:34 PM

I have always said that I am growing up with my kids.
much respect~ d

  Angel

October 31, 2007 at 5:17 PM

thanks kitterman's khaos! I think I have visited your site too, and I'll visit again...