I am now wearing a new pair of Eyeglasses

Photo by Guardian Angel

I am a near-sighted person and I used to wear eyeglasses when I need to read from far away. But since I got irritated from removing it every now and then, I decided not to wear it again. But after our annual company Physical Examination recently, the doctor told me that I need to upgrade them which are now 125-150. I want to blame myself for abusing my eyes since I started blogging, but I guess it is now too late. But not really!

What about pinhole glasses?

You may find this weird because this might be the first time you will hear about it – pinhole glasses . I saw an old friend wearing one, and I thought it was just nothing. But when he said that it is effective for him, I made my own research and this is what I found. This technique of eyeglasses was studied scientifically and here are some short explanations. Get ready for this.

It can improve vision to people with Myopia

They are near-sighted people like me and children are more prone to this disorder. Wearing pinhole glasses block some image light rays from entering the eye which require much diffraction with the lenses to form images on the retina. However, it is not advisable for children to wear one as they are more responsive to exercise their eyes.

It improves vision of older people

As we grow older, our eye lens become less flexible and is unable to work as efficiently as earlier. This more or less affects our close vision and we have problems with seeing nearby objects clearly. Pinholes narrow down the aperture of the eye.

Astigmatism and Cataract

For astigmatism, pinhole glasses can help by decreasing the distance between the images which reduces the size of the blur formed by the deformed cornea and so improves vision. For cataract, it reduces the effects of the cataract formation in the eye. They restrict the amount of light falling on the affected part of the eye.

For bloggers

I like this part. We all know that spending long hours in front of our computers can damage our eyes. Pinhole glasses control damage by limiting the amount of radiation that enters our eyes and can increase the depth of vision. This way, they reduce the eye strain by limiting the level of stress acquired through focusing while viewing. Sounds helpful, isn’t it?

My conclusion

I borrowed my friend’s pinhole eyeglasses and used it while I was making this post. Honestly speaking, I feel awkward at first. I find it hard as I am like peeping in a screen window. The small holes distract me as I go along. But since I want to try it, I did not remove it until I finished this post which took me more than an hour.

Somehow, my eyes get used to it and the pinholes are getting bigger and it distracts me less. But I noticed that it is hard to wear one when only the computer screen is on, and other lights are somehow dim. However, the computer screen looks lighter when I wear these unique eyeglasses which made my eyes more relax.

Being my friend, he told me that I can return it to him after a week so I can test it more. For now, I think it is too early to say that it is really effective. I may make another post some time around.

But it is worth to try as it does not need any prescription and mind you, it is cheaper.

You can also visit my latest blog - Father Blogger dot Com as it is being updated daily. Well, almost.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, please subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Happy Family Matters

6 comments:

  Laurie

July 31, 2008 at 5:51 AM

It sounds like there is something to these glasses for sure.
I know when I use to work at a newspaper in Florida before we moved, I was on the computer 5 days a week, almost 7 hours a day. I could start feeling that my eyes were not the same and I have never had issues with my eyes or sight.
Now that I just do the computer for fun and I have a 2 year old that keeps me busy most of the time my eyes seem to be normal again.

  Laurie

July 31, 2008 at 5:55 AM

Little update, after leaving my comment, I noticed you had ads in regards to the pinhole glasses. So I clicked on a couple and boy are they way cheaper then what they call computer glasses and way cheaper than I thought they would be, price wise I mean.

  Anonymous

July 31, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Hello Angel, After your test, may I test it too? hehehe. Baka effective din sa akin.Okay mga rackets mo ngayun ha! hehehe

  Angel

July 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Laurie - I am the one in the picture showing the pinhole glasses and this post is NOT a paid post. It is just out of curiosity and yes, it is a lot cheaper.

Thanks for dropping by.


Mon - Yes, you can if we can only meet some time. By the way, this is NOT one of my rackets he3!

This is for real as I am the one in th picture, cute ba? Thanks for being here again.

  Anonymous

August 1, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Opps, sorry. Hope it work.Wow mali ako dun. hehehe

  Jena Isle

August 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Hello Angel, cool glasses huh. I have an article for the Family Carnival- "What Type of a Parent Am I?" at this URL - I had no time to really polish it as I ran out of time.

It is in my "Little Children " blog:

http://wwwthelittlechildren.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-kind-of-parent-am-i.html

All the best.