How to feel closer with your Family when you are away from them

Family is the basic community of all of us and although we can never have a perfect one, it is still family that we can run to when everything seems out of our control. As they say, we may have a lot of friends and can lose them anytime but our family will always be there. But there will come a time that you will separate from each other and we cannot avoid it. Some may be working far away while others will get married. With this, we must think of ways on how to be closer and here are some of them.

Trust and be honest

When someone is away, trust will be the only weapon we can use against all temptation. Do not believe in rumors that may destroy your good relationship. However, you must be honest at all times to gain trust. If there is something they should know, inform them at once. Although it may be painful, you should tell them the whole truth. They deserve to hear it from you rather than from someone else. After all, you can only run but you can never hide.

Maintain good communication

These days, communication is very easy where ever we are and we must make the most of it. Tell them that you are in good condition so they have nothing to worry about. Share good stories and reminisce the times when you were still young. Have an update on what is the latest news in your family and vice versa. If a problem arises, settle it at once. It will be more difficult if keep on fighting over it. There is nothing better than a civilized talk.

Send them ecards

All of us want to receive greeting cards from our love ones and it feels excited to send them too. Birthdays, weddings and other special days about our family are some the great reasons why we send one. Even if you are far away; you can easily send them and even personalize them. All you have to do is search the Internet and you can find quality and Free Family Ecards. They have a wide variety to choose from for all occasions and I am sure you can easily find what suites your taste.

Do not let long distance tear your family apart.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, please subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Happy Family Matters

3 comments:

  Anonymous

July 12, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Hello Angel,Just want to share my experience here. Year 2000 when I was given my first provincial assignment.My first time to be away from my family. It was in San Jose Occidental Mindoro. I brought with me a smart phone (remember the Billcrusher era of Smart, cellphones are so big and with retractable antenna)but it was no use because cellsite then are only concentrated in urban areas. Using phone is not only expensive but you could hear sounds as if somebody is hammering something on the other line.
I use PT&T in sending gifts for especial occasion's like birthday or Valentine on my love one's.
I also remember one time when I traveled home expecting my wife to Thank me for sending the "I love you" pillow from Pt&T. I receive nothing . It is because the gift got delayed and I ended up as the one receiving the gift intended for my wife.
Memories ...

  Angel

July 12, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Wonderful memories, Mon. Thanks for sharing.

The longest time I was away from my family was almost 5 months when I was send to Japan by my present employer, just 4 years ago.

I can still remember crying when I learned that my son was hospitalized on Christmas day, while I was experiencing my first taste of snow....very memorable, isn't it?

  Anonymous

July 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM

i think communication should never be forgotten and should be frequent. it is what binds. when it stops even for a while, that would severe the relation one way or the other.