A Great Love Story and a 6,000-step Man-made Stairway to Heaven

I received this story from a good friend, and I admit I was really touched. I am not fond of sharing stories like this, but his one I cannot resist. I am not sure if you already know about this, but no regrets. I really feel it is worth to share. I did not believe it at first, not until I made some research and here is what I found.

This is a true story of a Chinese couple whose love story became one of the top love stories, as collected by Chinese Women Weekly in 2006. Here it goes and get ready to be moved.

Around half a decade ago, Lui, a 19 year-old boy fell in love with a 29-yeard old widow named Xu. Unfortunately, this kind of relationship is not yet being accepted that time. But this did not bother them at all. However, to avoid gossips the couple decided to live in an isolated place, a cave in Jiangjin County in Southern ChongQing area.

Of course, this was not easy since there was no electricity and enough food. In fact, they have to eat grass in order to survive. Lui even made a kerosene lamp just to have light during night time.

As the days go by, Lui started to build a stairway using his own hands so that Xu will not find it hard to go up and down the mountain. In 2001, a group of adventurers discover their place and found out that hand-carved ladder reached more than 6,000 steps!

As one of their seven children explained, “My parents loved each other so much, they have lived in seclusion for over 50 years and never been apart a single day.”

But the worst day cannot be avoided. One day, Lui collapsed after returning form work at the age of 72. Xu sat and prayed with her husband as he passed away in her arms.

So in love with Xu, no one was able to release the grip he had on his wife’s hand even after he had passed away.

“You promised me you’ll take care of me, you’ll always be with me until the day I died, now you left before me, how am I going to live without you?”

Xu spent days softly repeating this sentence and touching her husband’s black coffin with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Love moves in mysterious ways.

You can also visit my latest blog - Father Blogger dot Com as it is being updated daily. Well, almost.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, please subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Happy Family Matters

3 comments:

  Tidbits Of Tammy

September 6, 2008 at 10:40 AM

This was a wonderful story! Thanks so much for deciding to post it.

  Angel

September 6, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Your welcome, Tammy. I admit I am quite hesitant to write about as I thought this is an old story.

But again, I am happy yo share it. Thanks for dropping by.

  Anonymous

September 7, 2008 at 6:50 AM

Wow, I falling in love again!http://pmonchet.blogspot.com/2008/09/may-malungkot-ka-bang-kwento.htmlSali ka diyan bro, alam ko magaling ka dito. hehehe