Help Save Serena and her Fight against Neuroblastoma

Photo from Help Save Serena

Yesterday, I received an email from a father who is asking for help for the treatment of her daughter Serena, a Neuroblastoma patient. After confirming that it is authentic, I decided to do my share as a father and a concerned blogger. So here it is.

According to Wikipedia, Neuroblastoma cancer is a common disease among infants and nearly 50% percent of cases occur to children younger than 2 years old. Although there is still no specific cause of this disease, most physicians believe that it is an accidental cell growth that occurs during normal development of the adrenal glands.

Statistic shows that the highest number of cases is during the first year of life, and most of them are congenital but only 10% occurrences in children of 5 years old and above.

Serena, a wonderful child of Nordine and Lorraine from United Kingdom has been suffering from this illness since 18 months ago. According to a post on Croydon Guardian a local newspapers in UK, Serena has been spending most of her life in the hospital undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Now, the only solution being seen is to bring her to America for revolutionary treatment, which will cost them £125,000!

But time is running out, so with no further ado please feel free to visit Help Save Serena blog for more details and how to donate.

Likewise, prayers and spreading this news will be a very big help too.

For Entrecard members, we can also show our unity and kindness by donating Entrecard credit points to their blog. I did my share somehow.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly, please feel free to subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Happy Family Matters

5 comments:

  Jena Isle

June 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Donated 1,000 EC credits to Serena's cause. Way to go , Angel.

  Mel Avila Alarilla

June 15, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I will pray for her complete healing and deliverance. That's all I can do for her. Thanks for the post and for your visit to my blog. I will be linking you with my blog. I hope you do the same with mine. God bless.

  Angel

June 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM

To all the above,

Thanks for helping Serena in your humblest ways.

May GOD bless you and your family.

  theworkingmom

June 16, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Hi, Daddy Guardian Angel. I have visited the site for Serena. Kawawa naman ang bata.

Maybe you'd also like to raise awareness regarding organ donation with this tag: http://the-working-mom.blogspot.com/2008/06/share-love.html

  Angel

June 16, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Hi Doc Joey,

Kawawa talaga yung bata kaya ginawan ko ng post. I checked your post and I will try to find time for your tag to me.

Thanks for inviting me.